Blender 2.92 Released With Geometry Nodes, OpenCL For Intel Iris/Xe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender 2.92 Released With Geometry Nodes, OpenCL For Intel Iris/Xe

Phoronix: Blender 2.92 Released With Geometry Nodes, OpenCL For Intel Iris/Xe

Blender 2.92 is out today as the latest feature release for this award-winning, open-source 3D graphics/modeling software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A good news is:

- Intel Iris and Xe GPU OpenCL support.
    That makes feasible the idea to have a Talos Power10 in the near features as a main workstation...

Comment

Geometry nodes makes a lot of sense, I guess this is basically modifiers but a graph instead of a stack.

Comment

OpenCL for Intel Xe. For which driver/os? So app need to support specific OpenCL hardware, no?

Comment

Seeing the amount of non-stop money dozens of companies are pouring at Blender, I would be very worried if I was one of its competitors. Right now is the time to start kissing the rear end of my clients, and politely asking if they need any new feature, or if any teeny-tine bug is annoying them.

Comment

I am constantly amazed by how much new things and improvements they manage to cram into every release. The productivity of the Blender team is mind boggling!
            They have a release, then not long after they have another new release already again with multiple, major improvements!

Blender is amazing, and the productivity of their team is unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
              A good news is:

That makes feasible the idea to have a Talos Power10 in the near features as a main workstation...
              This did not change anything, also Talos systems do not use Intel GPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post

This did not change anything, also Talos systems do not use Intel GPUs.
                They are committed to use free and opensource drivers, they will provide support for the new intel discrete GPU because those will be supported in first place by Debian.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
                  They are committed to use free and opensource drivers, they will provide support for the new intel discrete GPU because those will be supported in first place by Debian.
                  They already were anyway. As I said.. doesn't change anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X