Sony PlayStation DualSense Driver Headlines The HID Updates For Linux 5.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony PlayStation DualSense Driver Headlines The HID Updates For Linux 5.12

Phoronix: Sony PlayStation DualSense Driver Headlines The HID Updates For Linux 5.12

The HID subsystem updates were sent in this morning for the ongoing Linux 5.12 merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's cool. Official driver support is always a plus in my book. I just wish there were premium built versions of their controllers or that they were designed to be repaired. Basically, I'm on my third PS4 controller due to stick drift. When I found out that the PS5 controller used the same sticks as the 4 I was all fuck cause it's $70+tax for something that may or may not work correctly in a year's time. Even worse is that, apparently, all of the first party console controllers on every console uses the same crappy stick sensors so all of them have that same year's time gamble.

Comment

Plus the market is so flooded with fakes, it's hard to know if you're getting a Genuine Sony PS4 controller unless you buy from a reputable Big Box type store. Buying from some 3rd party ebay or amazon seller is pretty much a guaranteed fake. The Chinese counterfeiters have actually made pretty convincing looking fakes including the packaging - you really have to know what you're looking at to tell its fake. Of course they don't function quite right, even if they look the part, so you'll quickly realize something's amiss when you start using it.
      Last edited by torsionbar28; 23 February 2021, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Really sucks that some online retailers, especially this one named after a river, are known for throwing knockoffs and name brands in the same bin for the workers to grab. Not just electronics, everything.

I don't like Wal-Mart, but at least I feel confident that a SanDisk is a SanDisk.

Comment

Yeah well, nothing like plastic in all the right places to sell more. They know you ain't gonna give it up. No you ain't gonna give it up. Bee bee doo bop doo wee.

Comment

This probably means Sony is going to unlock the PlayStation 5, open source their OS, and allow us to tinker to our hearts delight with custom Linux distros. Not.

Comment

Working...
            X