Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netrunner 21.01 Released For Customized KDE Desktop On Debian

Phoronix: Netrunner 21.01 Released For Customized KDE Desktop On Debian

It's been nearly one year to the day since the release of Netrunner 20.01 as this desktop Linux distribution focused on providing a good KDE-based desktop environment and backed by Blue Systems. Today Netrunner 21.01 has been released as the latest step forward for this KDE desktop distribution built atop a Debian base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Too bad that they are too lazy to write which KDE Plasma version they've put.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      Too bad that they are too lazy to write which KDE Plasma version they've put.
      In their download page[1] it says : "Plasma 5.14.5" as base but don't know if when will they update it to 5.21 ?

1-https://www.netrunner.com/download/

Comment

That's good news. I want to try this system but only once Bullseye is released and they release new version based on it.
        I am currently on Manjaro on two of my work computers, but due to instability and many other issues, I will be coming back to Debian with tail between legs . I'm waiting for next release of Debian to jump back in. I will consider MX Linux and Netrunner as well, as they contain clean Debian underneath with their updates and optimisations.

Comment

Debian bullseye is shipping 5.20.(5 or so) in probably a couple months. It's the max responsible version -- 5.21 is not quite ready for production and commitment would delay release.

Comment

Working...
          X