Taiwins Wayland Compositor Switches From WLROOTS To Its Own Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taiwins Wayland Compositor Switches From WLROOTS To Its Own Library

Phoronix: Taiwins Wayland Compositor Switches From WLROOTS To Its Own Library

Taiwins debuted last year as a compact Wayland compositor and focused on being modular with Wayland scripting support. Up to now Taiwins relied upon the WLROOTS effort born out of the Sway project for doing much of the Wayland heavy-lifting but the developer has now replaced it with its own Wayland support library...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I bet this was done because the developer of WlRoots refused to support NVIDIA...

Comment

Until the fracturing of wayland compositors is dealt with its going to continue to be a mess

Comment

scottishduck you can say the entire linux environment is a mess with so many different ways to implement the same things. well thats the "pros" of opensource i guess.

Comment

Let me guess: this is going to be the next controversial name topic as "Taiwin" sounds an awful lot like "Taiwan", which has a politically controversial status?

(just for the record: I'm not in favor of renaming it, I'm just saying that some people might be)

Comment

You guys are all wrong with your negative attitudes. This was obviously an effort to create an abstraction layer so that Taiwan can run on X11 and possibly other backends as well, including wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
              I bet this was done because the developer of WlRoots refused to support NVIDIA...
              I doubt it. Who cares about Nvidia these days?

Comment

Sigh.. another wayland compositor. Let's invent the wheel, shall we?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                  Let me guess: this is going to be the next controversial name topic as "Taiwin" sounds an awful lot like "Taiwan", which has a politically controversial status?

(just for the record: I'm not in favor of renaming it, I'm just saying that some people might be)
                  No it's not, it's just that you want it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by t.s. View Post
                    Sigh.. another wayland compositor. Let's invent the wheel, shall we?
                    Sigh, 12 years in, we are still talking about the core protocol/graphics features ... Might have to do something with how the hole thing was misdesigned in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                    X