Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SilverStone RM42-502 + IceGem 240P Allow For A Great Rackmount 4U Water Cooling Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilverStone RM42-502 + IceGem 240P Allow For A Great Rackmount 4U Water Cooling Setup

Phoronix: SilverStone RM42-502 + IceGem 240P Allow For A Great Rackmount 4U Water Cooling Setup

For those looking at setting up a water-cooled rackmount server either for running high-end hardware like the new AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO hardware or just wanting a minimal noise environment for your studio or other environment, the SilverStone RM42-502 is a 4U rackmount chassis that can handle SSI-EEB motherboards and still provide enough room for supporting up to 240mm liquid cooling radiators. We've been testing out the SilverStone RM42-502 to great success for the past month in conjunction with the SilverStone IceGem 240P AIO water cooling setup.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typos:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    out of the many SilverStone cases weve been reviewing for going on close to two decades.
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    water cooiing setups
    Who wants RGB on a server?!

The only, and probably ONLY (assuming you are going to frequent the server room) reason why would one have RGB on a server is for notifications or something...

Comment

Michael This article made me wonder:

How come there isn't a partnership with some site so Phoronix can link to the case, CPU, GPU, sound card, desktop, laptop, etc that's in an article and get a potential cut of the revenue? Or to like Steam or GOG for the games used in benchmarks?

I only ask because I'm looking at Phoronix ads and I'm more likely to buy PC hardware and software than I am a Suburu, a Ford Truck, or another plan from my ISP. The one ad I thought could be useful, Cross Flow Fan Heatsyncs, gives a server error....before posting got an ad for Ryzen SBCs that I'm actually interested in...and then it turned into Exxon gas. I buy Valero because they're closer to the house

Yes, I get ads from my ISP here. I have that product. Totally useless ad

Comment

Working...
      X