Genode OS Planning For PinePhone Bring-Up, Better GPU Support In 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genode OS Planning For PinePhone Bring-Up, Better GPU Support In 2021

Phoronix: Genode OS Planning For PinePhone Bring-Up, Better GPU Support In 2021

For those wanting to run a micro-kernel operating system for your low-cost, open-source friendly PinePhone, the Genode OS framework plans to port to the PinePhone this year. Genode OS and its Sculpt general purpose platform are also wanting to better embrace GPU support in 2021...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Genocide OS again? They really have to change the name.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      I wonder what kind of thoughts enter your mind whenever someone mentions "homo sapience". With some creativity and deep dedication, it kind of looks like "homo-satanism", right?

Comment

Good set of goals! Wishing y'all the best of luck.

Comment

I was waiting to buy a Firefox phone, but they cancelled it before it landed on a hardware spec that I considered good enough. It would be interesting to sort of resurrect that idea -- it was basically the browser running directly on the hardware, without a window manager in between. I presume it still used Mesa, though.

Anyway, the idea was that all the apps on the phone would be written to run directly in the browser. At the time, that basically meant writing them in Javascript. However, in the age of web assembly, the concept should be much less restrictive.

Comment

this sounds interesting. i guess i'll give it a try. sounds like a cheap and nice way to test genode

Comment

Manjaro was there first. They have beautiful KDE running on both PinePhone versions. Full Linux on your phone that sounds great.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                I propose GonadOS as a viable alternative.

Comment

Working...
                X