Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa's RADV ACO Adds Support For Rapid Packed Math

Phoronix: Mesa's RADV ACO Adds Support For Rapid Packed Math

Hitting the Mesa tree when Mesa 21.0 was being branched (but looks like it will still make it now part of "staging/21.0") is support for AMD's "rapid packed math" with the RADV driver's ACO compiler back-end...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I know this is so off-topic, but come on I wasn't expecting a YouTube video for the article...

How come there is a video on this but not even a single comparison picture on the Fedora HarfBuzz one?....

Comment

Youtube should be boycotted for violating freedom of speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
        I wasn't aware they were a political entity, more a private business with terms and conditions of use.

Now if your argument is that freedom of speech should extend in law to publishers and publishing platforms then that is a different discussion entirely, and it shouldn't be held on a Linux website.

Comment

I love MESA

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
            Private business, no violations possible. Fuck off with that nazi trumpism bullshit.

That being said, can't wait to see the benchmarks. Show what could have been possible. I'd also like to know why it was canned for Vega and what they did around those issues.

Comment

Originally posted by abott View Post
              That being said, can't wait to see the benchmarks. Show what could have been possible.
              I could imagine that the vulkan neuronal network benchmarks would gain from those changes.

Comment

Originally posted by abott View Post

Private business, no violations possible. Fuck off with that nazi trumpism bullshit.
                Saying that youtube violates the freedom of speech is neither nazi nor trumpist. It is a fact.
                I have some greek content in mind, that is clearly anti-nazi (one video is a song about the defeat of the nazis, while another is a video about the resistance against the German occupation), that got age-restricted although it did not violate any rules.

Comment

I've always wondered why FP16 wasn't approached this way sooner. I figured there was some major architectural challenge behind it because otherwise it would've been done like 20 years ago.

Originally posted by marios View Post
                  Saying that youtube violates the freedom of speech is neither nazi nor trumpist. It is a fact.
                  No... it's not a fact. Freedom of speech doesn't mean "say whatever you want without consequence" and the law is only that the government can't censor you. Private companies can do whatever they want.
                  As for your anti-Nazi content, the word "Nazi" was probably enough to spook the algorithm. So, I'm not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                    I know this is so off-topic, but come on I wasn't expecting a YouTube video for the article...

How come there is a video on this but not even a single comparison picture on the Fedora HarfBuzz one?....
                    I've seen a few articles with YouTube videos embedded in the past. That's not a new thing on Phoronix. I actually remember people complaining about videos being on YouTube and not some other less tracking invasive video hosting site and I halfway expect this comment to trigger those people.

Probably because Fedora didn't provide a before and after. I ran their command on my Manjaro box and it rendered just fine so if I could I'd show you a before I would. I'm not gonna show a pic of text rendering just fine.

If someone else on Manjaro runs it and has messed up fonts, the only thing I've done differently from default is added the no embedded bitmap fontconfig after installing the Win 10 fonts.

Code:
                    [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000]cat /etc/fonts/conf.d/99-no-embedded-bitmap.conf  [/COLOR]
                    <?xml version="1.0"?>
                    <!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
                    <fontconfig>
                     <description>Disable embedded bitmap</description>
                     <match target="font" >
                       <edit name="embeddedbitmap" mode="assign">
                           <bool>false</bool>
                       </edit>
                     </match>
                    </fontconfig>[/FONT]

Comment

Working...