No announcement yet.

There's Finally An Experimental Driver For Native Wayland Support Within Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's Finally An Experimental Driver For Native Wayland Support Within Wine

Phoronix: There's Finally An Experimental Driver For Native Wayland Support Within Wine

Alexandros Frantzis has announced the creation of a Wayland driver for Wine. This driver allows Windows GDI/OpenGL applications to run on Wayland compositors without any use of X11/XWayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally. Really great achievement that should improve adoption of Wayland. Yeah, we have wine-wayland but without support for desktop applications (no GDI and OpenGL, only Vulkan full screen games). I'm going to check this in free time.

Comment

Waste of time.

Comment

Great work, this can squeeze out a bit more (especially to screen and imput latency) on Games.

Comment

Is the Windows 98 look a consequence of this native Wayland support ? In that case it must be fixed or users will have nightmares !

Comment

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post
            Is the Windows 98 look a consequence of this native Wayland support ? In that case it must be fixed or users will have nightmares !
            By default, wine uses a copy of the classic windows theme. You can use a different windows theme or tell it to use your GTK3 theme colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

By default, wine uses a copy of the classic windows theme. You can use a different windows theme or tell it to use your GTK3 theme colors.
              But it still doesn't look like Vista/7 at least.

Comment

I just build that wine branch from collabora and what should I say, it works just fine for what I tried so far. Great work.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

But it still doesn't look like Vista/7 at least.
                  its called the classic theme for a reason.

Comment

Couldn’t Wine just use SDL2 for video/graphics, audio & input and thus ran natively where SDL2 runs natively?

Comment

Working...
                    X