Proton 5.13-3 Released For Powering Steam Play With DXVK 1.7.3 + Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proton 5.13-3 Released For Powering Steam Play With DXVK 1.7.3 + Fixes

Phoronix: Proton 5.13-3 Released For Powering Steam Play With DXVK 1.7.3 + Fixes

Proton 5.13-3 is out today as the latest version of this Wine downstream that powers Valve's Steam Play for running Windows games rather well on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

These 5.13 releases just straight up broke all my games.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
      Same here. Nothing launches for me, even with this new one. Surprised more people haven't been saying anything. I've been using Proton 5.0-10 for now.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

Same here. Nothing launches for me, even with this new one. Surprised more people haven't been saying anything. I've been using Proton 5.0-10 for now.
        Check here if this affects you https://github.com/ValveSoftware/ste...ime/issues/309
        having amdgpu-pro opencl makes it not work. took me a long time to figure that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
          Try to enable the beta branch on the Steam Runtime Soldier, the pressure vessel has some issues.

Comment

Originally posted by clintar View Post

Check here if this affects you https://github.com/ValveSoftware/ste...ime/issues/309
            having amdgpu-pro opencl makes it not work. took me a long time to figure that out.
            Thanks for sharing, I hadn't seen those yet. I take it back... people _are_ talking about it lol.

From my quick glance at the three relevant threads it seems there was no clear fix. Luckily 5.0-10 is playing everything super smooth so I'll probably sit this one out.

Comment

restores game controller hot-pligging support
              Am I really the first to notice and point this out?

Comment

Thanks for sharing, I hadn't seen those yet. I take it back... people _are_ talking about it lol.

From my quick glance at the three relevant threads it seems there was no clear fix. Luckily 5.0-10 is playing everything super smooth so I'll probably sit this one out.
                I thought they said that next release should fix it, so try it out

Comment

Did you install Steam from a flatpak package?

At this moment, 5.13 is not compatible with flatpak Installed Steam, as it is compiled against new Steam Runtime. There is a flatpak for Proton 5.13 compiled against Freedesktop SDK that works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by clintar View Post

I thought they said that next release should fix it, so try it out
                    Yeah I tried 5.13-3 also. No go. Switching only the version dropdown to 5.0-10 makes the games work and properly launch. So I'm not sure what's going on.

I tried PROTON_LOG=1 and I can't even get a log file generated. I also tried running steam from the command line to see if I could spot something. That was about as far as I went to troubleshooting it. I'm kind of embarrassed I can't figure it out, but at the same time 5.0-10 just works so I don't care that much but also don't know what to think. I just found out what "pressure vessel" was a few days ago and I frequent phoronix daily.

Originally posted by maxtorete View Post

Did you install Steam from a flatpak package?

At this moment, 5.13 is not compatible with flatpak Installed Steam, as it is compiled against new Steam Runtime. There is a flatpak for Proton 5.13 compiled against Freedesktop SDK that works fine.
                    Thanks, I'm installed through apt via the steam package. I was originally working with 5.13-1 and then it broke with 5.13-2 and still not working with 5.13-3. I'm not sure on what major features I'm missing out on, but even latest games like Fallen Order and DOOM Eternal work super smooth with 5.0-10.

Comment

Working...
                    X