Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 20.3 Is Near With Lavapipe Vulkan, Raspberry Pi V3DV, Better AMD RDNA2 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 20.3 Is Near With Lavapipe Vulkan, Raspberry Pi V3DV, Better AMD RDNA2 Support

Phoronix: Mesa 20.3 Is Near With Lavapipe Vulkan, Raspberry Pi V3DV, Better AMD RDNA2 Support

The weekly release candidates of Mesa 20.3 fell off the wagon last week due to the US Thanksgiving holiday but now is updated today for Mesa 20.3-RC3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The remaining blocker is a regression in handling 64 bit types on hardware which doesn't support that.

Piglit test piglit.spec.arb_tessellation_shader.execution.variable-indexing.vs-output-array-dvec4-index-wr-before-tcs is failing on icl (on both the i965 and iris drivers) Issue began at mesa=

Comment

I wonder if it would be possible to run a distro that is not optimized for the RPi 4 (for example Fedora) and run everything with hardware acceleration out of the box (given all packages are up-to-date). Or if further modifications are needed to get things up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by jonkoops View Post
        I wonder if it would be possible to run a distro that is not optimized for the RPi 4 (for example Fedora) and run everything with hardware acceleration out of the box (given all packages are up-to-date). Or if further modifications are needed to get things up and running.
        Isn't that the general idea? To work out of the box on distributions shipping with Mesa, i.e. practically any distro?

Comment

Originally posted by SgtH3nry3 View Post

Isn't that the general idea? To work out of the box on distributions shipping with Mesa, i.e. practically any distro?
          it already runs the default ubuntu 20.10 I think it will run everything in next spring

Comment

Originally posted by SgtH3nry3 View Post

Debian people just uploaded 20.3 to experimental, and enabled v3dv for arm64 and armhf. It is building now. It will be in testing in probably 2.5 weeks if everything goes well. As a bonus zink is also enabled for arm64 and armhf (and some other arch).

Comment

Working...
            X