Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Have Been Testing The Radeon RX 6800 Series On Linux

Phoronix: We Have Been Testing The Radeon RX 6800 Series On Linux

But can't tell you yet how it performs.....

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wait AMDVLK tests

Comment

So, Michael, are you telling us that you've been given cards by AMD to play with them.
      And that Valve's ACO/RADV Team members, have to wait until public availability and buy them ?
      Then also wait some more until the public ISA documentation is released ?

I could be wrong, but I am wondering.. isn't it possible for AMD to fix this kind of anomaly with some early access development cards, under some NDA, that perhaps don't have the performance but at least have the features that can be tested and developed for ?
      My 2c .. even if this is not an official AMD effort, it still has a direct benefit from it. Better perception if bugs can be fixed in advance and to sell more units to the linux users..

Comment

I like that Michael is the only guy in the office, yet still have Phoronix-branded beer holder pads. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post
          So, Michael, are you telling us that you've been given cards by AMD to play with them.
          It seems to be such case as well as it works o Linux from 0-day

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            I like that Michael is the only guy in the office, yet still have Phoronix-branded beer holder pads. 😂
            Actually these pads are back from XDC2012 Chicago or so when I organized it and Phoronix hosted a beer event at the conference.... I think I ordered like 2k or something was the minimum quantity and thus still going through the surplus.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Can you tell us what you had to do with drivers?
              Are you testing on Ubuntu LTS and close sourced only?
              Does everything work with open source drivers?
              Is using open source drivers kernel git, LLVM git, mesa git, etc?
              Do you have to manually download the firmware files?

I am hoping the situation is much better than the 5700XT release.

Comment

Originally posted by BreezeDM View Post
                Can you tell us what you had to do with drivers?
                Are you testing on Ubuntu LTS and close sourced only?
                Does everything work with open source drivers?
                Is using open source drivers kernel git, LLVM git, mesa git, etc?
                Do you have to manually download the firmware files?

I am hoping the situation is much better than the 5700XT release.
                That info is presumably all covered by the 'review embargo' and thus you need to wait until launch day where I will spell out all of the Linux details.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Are you going to test the cards in combination with newest AMD CPUs and Chipsets for Smart Access Memory/resizable BAR ?

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post
                    Are you going to test the cards in combination with newest AMD CPUs and Chipsets for Smart Access Memory/resizable BAR ?
                    All of my launch day testing is indeed on a Ryzen 9 5950X system and the resizable BAR is enabled from the BIOS.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                    X