Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oracle Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel R6U1 Prepares For AMD Milan, Adds WireGuard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel R6U1 Prepares For AMD Milan, Adds WireGuard

Phoronix: Oracle Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel R6U1 Prepares For AMD Milan, Adds WireGuard

After announcing Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel 6 back in March as their modified kernel based currently on the Linux 5.4 source tree while adding and back-porting extra features, UEK R6U1 was released today as their first major update to this kernel that can be found on the likes of Oracle Linux and powering the Oracle Cloud...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

After all that information that I actually found interesting, wanna know what comes to mind?

Hakuna Padata! What a wonderful phrase
    Hakuna Padata! Ain't no passing craze

Seriously though, it'd be interesting if they go into the desktop market. What they're offering on the kernel side would pair nicely with ZFS, Bcachefs, and other things that come as kernel modules like certain graphics drivers. A desktop where your kernel doesn't break the FS or modules on an update is a nice idea, IMHO.

Comment

Change the name already...

Comment

Unbreakable Linux, the biggest lie ever told to mankind. Even worse than the "The Neverending Story" movie...

Comment

Originally posted by saboteaur View Post
          Unbreakable Linux, the biggest lie ever told to mankind. Even worse than the "The Neverending Story" movie...
          It must have really broken your heart since it's the first and only comment since you created your account in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by saboteaur View Post
            In comparison to every other kernel it can be easily described as unbreakable. There's no other kernel tested in so many environments and scenarios. It seems your brain is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

In comparison to every other kernel it can be easily described as unbreakable. There's no other kernel tested in so many environments and scenarios. It seems your brain is broken.
              I am curious as to why you consider this more tested than say RHEL or SLES kernels. Oracle is largely selling OEL to existing Oracle customers and their environments aren't as broad as the market that other enterprise distributions serve.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                Change the name already...
                First Reiser, now Unbreakable... what name *is* allowed these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

First Reiser, now Unbreakable... what name *is* allowed these days?
                  It is just "Unbreakable" is a huge lie. It's like if I were to release KWin-lowlatency as "Zero Stutter Gaming Compositor" (obviously not true)

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

I am curious as to why you consider this more tested than say RHEL or SLES kernels. Oracle is largely selling OEL to existing Oracle customers and their environments aren't as broad as the market that other enterprise distributions serve.
                    I meant the Linux kernel as a whole, not the Oracle one. I'm aware Oracle is leeching on RHEL.

Comment

Working...
                    X