Linux 5.10-rc1 Released With New Hardware Support, Security Additions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.10-rc1 Released With New Hardware Support, Security Additions

Phoronix: Linux 5.10-rc1 Released With New Hardware Support, Security Additions

Linus Torvalds just released Linux 5.10-rc1 that also marks the end of the feature merge window for this EOY2020 kernel. Linux 5.10 isn't the largest kernel update in recent time but still has a lot of interesting additions and improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This looks to be yet another great release with lots of new features. Can we perhaps have a new benchmark comparison of the filesystems for 5.10?

Comment

If you're using a swap file on an ext4 filesystem, you're going to run into this awesome bug on rc1:

[ 4737.914749] swapon: file is not committed

More info here:

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post
        If you're using a swap file on an ext4 filesystem, you're going to run into this awesome bug on rc1:

[ 4737.914749] swapon: file is not committed

More info here:

https://lkml.kernel.org/lkml/2020102...xps-13-7390/T/
        Good to know, thankfully I stick to swap partitions instead of swap files.

Comment

Originally posted by bezirg View Post

Good to know, thankfully I stick to swap partitions instead of swap files.
          Yeah, I just can't resist the ability to resize it any time. But with all the filesystem changes that's currently broken. Oh well, that's why it's an rc1.

Comment

Working...
          X