No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 20.10 Released With GNOME 3.38, Active Directory Installer Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 20.10 Released With GNOME 3.38, Active Directory Installer Integration

Phoronix: Ubuntu 20.10 Released With GNOME 3.38, Active Directory Installer Integration

Ubuntu 20.10, the "Groovy Gorilla", is now officially available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    Looks like 21.04 will go with Wayland. It makes a lot of sense now that the 20.04 LTS backporting is mostly done.
    That is great news!

Comment

It's worth mentioning that (again) Snaps are broken on Wayland in the default install. More info https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...d/+bug/1897224

Comment

Originally posted by DominoTree View Post
        It's worth mentioning that (again) Snaps are broken on Wayland in the default install. More info https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...d/+bug/1897224
        normal, wayland is broken, but don't worry a fix is already commited to upstream apply it

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Radeon Linux gamers on Ubuntu woll now find better performance.

Comment

Does the Raspberry PI version use a same kernel version as x86 devices, or does it use an older kernel?

Comment

Originally posted by DominoTree View Post
              They're still supporting this dead horse? I mean snaps.

Comment

Great release!
                Just too bad GIMP and Blender are old versions, and that the default Python is 3.8 not 3.9 (even tho 3.9 is available in the repository). It's nice in Python 3 that they improved the type hinting for lists so you don't have to import the typing module.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

They're still supporting this dead horse? I mean snaps.
                  They're actually forcing it on people now (if you try to install Chromium from apt, it will install a package that runs a script to install Chromium via Snap)

Comment

Great to see AD support finally make it into the installer! I'm wondering what's new, if anything, with the ZFS install? Do we get any ZFS options in Ubiquity yet?

I must agree on Snap. I like Ubuntu, MAAS, Juju, LXD... even Landscape. Canonical have done some great stuff but Snap packages are just a broken concept. If you can't install snaps without a special package manager, like with Appimage, then they've failed IMO.

Canonical and Snaps reminds me of our government and its covid 'strategy'.

Comment

Working...
                    X