Wine-Staging 5.17 Adds More Patches For Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 5.17 Adds More Patches For Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 5.17 Adds More Patches For Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Rebased atop yesterday's Wine 5.17 upstream release, the experimental/testing blend of Wine is out with a new update that comes in at just under 650 patches compared to the official Wine code-base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Has anyone tried to compile this week's staging release from source? Vanilla 5.17 compiles fine but applying staging patches fails with some errors.

Comment

Originally posted by jojo7887 View Post
      Has anyone tried to compile this week's staging release from source? Vanilla 5.17 compiles fine but applying staging patches fails with some errors.
      You mean building from source fails for you after you apply patches to the source? Wouldn't that be a possible thing there.

I'm not really sure what you're on there. If you're causing it or not. It could be that they did an update that fails for some.
      Last edited by ix900; 12 September 2020, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ix900 View Post

You mean building from source fails for you after you apply patches to the source?
        Yup exactly.

As per my usual procedure: Extract Wine source into a folder > apply wine staging patches on top of the source > ./configure goes ok > compiles with errors.

Without staging patches compiles fine. I'm asking here just in case anyone encountered it before I open a ticket on winehq.

Comment

There are already 2. One closed, one open. Seems to happen with older distros

Comment

Working...
          X