No announcement yet.

Qt Creator 4.13 Release Brings Initial Meson Support, Updates C++ Code Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Creator 4.13 Release Brings Initial Meson Support, Updates C++ Code Model

Phoronix: Qt Creator 4.13 Release Brings Initial Meson Support, Updates C++ Code Model

The Qt Company has released version 4.13 of Qt Creator as their Qt/C++ focused integrated development environment that also supports Python and other languages via the Language Server Protocol...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

My Raspberry Pi 4 with 64-bit Gentoo Linux has LLVM/clang 10 installed, but for whatever reason, Qt Creator 4.13.0 didn't want to compile on my machine because it couldn't find a number of clangXXXX libraries. I ended up commenting out all clang related crap inside the following project files to get it to compile:

src/libs/libs.pro
    remove all references to clangsupport

src/tools/tools.pro
    remove all references to clang, clangpchmanager, clangrefactoring, clangbackend

src/plugins/plugins.pro
    remove all references to clang*

After qmake, make, and make install, Qt Creator crashed with a segmentation fault due to missing themes. I had to manually copy the themes folder from the source to the installation. Now it finally runs.

The "Select Symbol" drop down menu populates much faster now, which is a big improvement.
    Last edited by ed31337; 29 August 2020, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X