Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Linux Driver Preparing To Drop SLI AA/AFR/SFR Support

Phoronix: NVIDIA Linux Driver Preparing To Drop SLI AA/AFR/SFR Support

NVIDIA is preparing to remove support for multi-GPU modes of AA (anti-aliasing), AFR (alternate frame rendering), and SFR (split frame rendering) from the Linux driver in the near future...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Shouldn't be a single vendor thing anyway so mix and match between all GPU's.

Comment

When it comes to Nvidia they can drop whatever they want to, I have dropped them a long time ago.
      Anything that is proprietary it will eventually be dropped and nobody can do anything about it.

Comment

Is this feature still available on Windows?

Ugh NVIDIA calling Linux "Unix". Ugh NVIDIA. Can't you just say the word Linux once?!

This is just proof NVIDIA hates Linux. They can't even say Linux right.

Linux is NOT Unix!!! It is Unix-like and fully compatible, but NOT Unix! Despite EulerOS existing, it is still not Unix.

Comment

How about to create a new goddamn control panel? We are in 2020, not in the 90s.

Comment

I had almost forgotten there was a time when people could afford 2 graphics cards.

Comment

I wish nVidia would stop this artificial segmentation and just allow mosaic mode to work on consumer cards.

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
              How about to create a new goddamn control panel? We are in 2020, not in the 90s.
              If it ain't broke...?

I like the nVidia Linux control panel; it's a heck of a lot quicker than the Windows one (or "GeForce Experience") and the AMD control panel in Windows was just as horrible an experience the last time I had to fix a computer with an AMD card a couple of years back...

Originally posted by Templar82
              I had almost forgotten there was a time when people could afford 2 graphics cards.
              Haha, I know. Now imagine there are places with multiple RTX 8000's in each box...

Comment

you are really into control panels ..on both AMD and Nvidia

We are in the middle of 2020 and AMD has not yet launched a control panel for its drivers, whether closed or open.

We need cli to do simple things. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Fu** off, AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by Templar82 View Post
                  now one can barely afford one proper one ....and looking at the price rumors of the next nvidia premiums we will hit the 1500-2000$ easily

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                    When it comes to Nvidia they can drop whatever they want to, I have dropped them a long time ago.
                    Anything that is proprietary it will eventually be dropped and nobody can do anything about it.
                    I have dropped my Nvidia support too.

Comment

Working...
                    X