Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Publishes 18 New Security Advisories For 52 Vulnerabilities

Phoronix: Intel Publishes 18 New Security Advisories For 52 Vulnerabilities

It is Intel's August 2020 disclosure day with 18 new advisories being issued for covering 52 vulnerabilities...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How many more holes until their ground crumbles?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow
      Also typo?
      This time, no. Common Vulnerability Scoring System.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Oh well. It's orders of magnitude better than living in denial...

Comment

Intel security is getting to be like a pile-up on the highway, that's why my latest purchase had a Ryzen 4500u in it.

Comment

I guess this is Intel's new strategy to distract people from their CPU vulnerabilities?

Comment

I get that virtually all hardware has errata. And I get that there is probably more focus on intel's CPUs due to their historical dominance in the datacenter, where any and all vulnerabilities can potentially be leveraged by bad actors.

But it's still chilling to feel like we've reached the point where intel disclosing yet another batch of vulnerabilities is met with a resounding "meh".

Are datacenter customers switching away from intel chips to either AMD, ARM, POWER or something I've yet to to imagine...?

Comment

This could be related to https://www.reddit.com/r/programming..._repositories/ I'm glad that I'm not working for Intel right now.

PS: SonarQube is a PITA, for some reason it defaults your repo to public when you initialize it. Good thing I spent more than 5 minutes setting it up.

Comment

Soon there will be so many vulnerabilities the hacks won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by ermo View Post
                    Are datacenter customers switching away from intel chips to either AMD, ARM, POWER or something I've yet to to imagine...?
                    yes.

AWS Graviton processors deliver the best price performance for your cloud workloads, optimized for a range of general-purpose, compute, memory, and storage-intensive workloads.

Comment

Working...
                    X