Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNU C Library 2.32 Released

Phoronix: GNU C Library 2.32 Released

GNU C Library 2.32 (glibc 2.32) is now available as this important library for Linux and other Unix-like operating systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

ldconfig defaults to the new format for ld.so.cache, something it's already been supporting for nearly two decades.
    New....nearly two decades -- We clearly have different definitions for the word new

Comment

sounds like this should obviously long being plumbed in ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        ...Linux and other Unix-like operating systems...
        Oh no.. I wonder if the rabid anti-unix trolls will cry foul. Haha.

Let's make Linux Unix again! <3

Comment

Originally posted by gnulinux82
          Needs rewriting in Rust.
          I am still waiting for the rewrite of everything in Java that was the consens of people like you back in 2000.

Comment

I've rebased Valve's pthread_mutex_lock_any() and pthread_mutex_timedlock_any() patches onto Glibc 2.32 https://github.com/FireBurn/glibc/commits/2.32 though I'm not sure if valve still care about these at all

Comment

Originally posted by k1e0x View Post

rabid anti-unix trolls will cry foul.
              no you xD

Comment

Originally posted by discordian View Post
                I am still waiting for the rewrite of everything in Java that was the consens of people like you back in 2000.
                Rust is all about doing the work from scratch without much legacy. GLibc is all about legacy.
                If anything, I'd like to see in Rust glibc reimplementation fro new machines and architectures, without old compatibility baggage.
                If practical, joined with basic GPU/ML interface and anything that goes into modern machine.

Comment

Working...
                X