No announcement yet.

Intel Core i5 10600K Comet Lake vs. Core i5 Skylake / Haswell / Sandy Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i5 10600K Comet Lake vs. Core i5 Skylake / Haswell / Sandy Bridge

Phoronix: Intel Core i5 10600K Comet Lake vs. Core i5 Skylake / Haswell / Sandy Bridge

As some additional Core i5 10600K Linux benchmarks for historical perspective, here is a look at how the Core i5 10600K looks in comparison to the Core i5 7600K Skylake, Core i5 4670 Haswell, and Core i5 2500K Sandy Bridge processors on Ubuntu Linux. There were 250 benchmarks ran on each of the CPUs under test.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The Core i5 7600K is a Kabylake not a Skylake.

Comment

you can clearly see that from 2500k to 7600k there is some kind of saturation function, then Ryzen impacts and suddenly performance is overproportional developing.

even intel fanboys should be thankful of AMD's pressure

Comment

Originally posted by Spooktra View Post
        The Core i5 7600K is a Kabylake not a Skylake.
        intel has now more lakes then finland. no wonder if someone mixed them up.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
          you can clearly see that from 2500k to 7600k there is some kind of saturation function, then Ryzen impacts and suddenly performance is overproportional developing.

Well, it went from 4 to 6 cores... It's not just overcoming a saturation.

Note that I'm not defending intel, just pointing that out. At first I was surprised as well, and then looked at the number of cores.

Anyhow, this is still ShitLake, on 14+++++

Comment

Originally posted by higgslagrangian View Post

Well, it went from 4 to 6 cores... It's not just overcoming a saturation.

Note that I'm not defending intel, just pointing that out. At first I was surprised as well, and then looked at the number of cores.

Anyhow, this is still ShitLake, on 14+++++
            Exactly. Isn't that the whole point? Michael compared the i5 line. Intel decided to use more cores after Ryzen brought more cores for a cheaper price.
            They wouldn't have added Cores without AMD's pressure. 4C in midtier CPU's over one decade or isn't it?

Comment

Intel decided to use more cores after Ryzen brought more cores for a cheaper price.
              They wouldn't have added Cores without AMD's pressure.
              We seem to agree 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by higgslagrangian View Post

We seem to agree 100%.
                jep

Comment

intel has now more lakes then finland. no wonder if someone mixed them up.
                  Its going to get worse before it gets better. Intel's 10nm is a mess, and they just today announced that their 7nm has been pushed to end of 2023 at the soonest. That means intel is *five years* behind the competition in lithography process.

Comment

You know Intel is not exactly extravagant when it takes 14 years to expand their mid-tier range beyond 4 cores.

Comment

Working...
                    X