Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenRGB 0.3 Released For Open-Source RGB Lighting Control

Phoronix: OpenRGB 0.3 Released For Open-Source RGB Lighting Control

Out this evening is OpenRGB v0.3 as the newest feature release of this open-source RGB lighting control solution that works on both Windows and Linux. ASUS, ASRock, Corsair, GSKILL, Gigabyte, Kingston, MSI, Razer, and Thermaltake are among the brands of devices supported by this growing software package...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just wanted to say that this is working great with my Rredragon K556. Thanks for reminding me this project existed.

Comment

Thanks for featuring OpenRGB!

Comment

Originally posted by CalcProgrammer1 View Post
        Thanks for featuring OpenRGB!
        I dont like RGB..(frankly I hate it) but I like it when Michael is featuring diversified content and making small but good Projects visible. Thanks Michael

Comment

Why the hell people want their PC to look like a Christmas tree or badly pimped car I'll never know, ew too chavvy.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
            Why the hell people want their PC to look like a Christmas tree or badly pimped car I'll never know, ew too chavvy.
            It's a matter of taste of course. However some RGB-enabled products are quite annoying - for example my RAM kit requires a Windows utility to turn off the lights. It has to stay resident and uses a kernel driver, which in the past had some security issues. Same with my GPU, you can't just set it to "off forever" like my motherboard RGB for example. For me personally it's not a problem since all parts are in a sound-dampening case so I can't really see any of the light show going on inside.

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post

It's a matter of taste of course..
              Indeed, you either have it or you don't......

Comment

It's nice to be able to control LEDs from Linux. I don't really fancy them nor mind them, it's just something to play around :-)

Unfortunately my Gigabyte / AORUS Board needs the acpi_enforce_resources=lax kernel parameter to control my RAM-Lights, which is apparently quite unsafe - and I'm not sure if there can be a better solution in the future that is not unsafe :-(

Comment

It's useful being able to turn RGB stuff off for products that ship with it for some reason. My case doesn't have a window so no need for internal lights to be on.

That said, my last MB shipped with a 30cm addressable LED strip that can be wired up to sit outside the case as a kind of desk light but unfortunately is stuck displaying just one red light and won't respond to requests.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
                    Like a lot of the people here, I don't really care for RGB products, but when I bought my keyboard the RGB models were cheaper so I have one. I'm hoping that in the long run that OpenRGB will have notification features like the software the Das Keyboard Q models have or that they'll be able to use the lights as a way of showing temperature ranges or be able to incorporate other utilitarian uses into it.

Comment

Working...
                    X