Intel Compute Runtime Update Adds OpenCL + oneAPI Level Zero For DG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Compute Runtime Update Adds OpenCL + oneAPI Level Zero For DG1

Phoronix: Intel Compute Runtime Update Adds OpenCL + oneAPI Level Zero For DG1

Intel's open-source Compute Runtime stack for providing OpenCL and oneAPI Level Zero support for their graphics hardware has now rolled out support for the DG1 Xe discrete graphics card...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wouldn't be surprised if Intel's new Xe graphics will have better OpenCL support for end users (non-corporate) than AMD.
    AMD APU don't have working OpenCL and ROCm isn't for ordinary users or easy to setup for <insert your favorite distribution>.
    I wouldn't be surprised if i would get OpenCL support earlier with Intel new cpu with integrated Xe graphics than AMD APU or RDNA GPU.
    Last edited by Nille_kungen; 03 July 2020, 12:35 PM.

Comment

After consulting with Khronos, we decided to wait for the OpenCL 3.0 spec to move from provisional to final prior to updating older platforms. We expect this to happen in Q3.

#IamIntel

Comment

Originally posted by AdamCetnerowski View Post
        After consulting with Khronos, we decided to wait for the OpenCL 3.0 spec to move from provisional to final prior to updating older platforms. We expect this to happen in Q3.

#IamIntel
        Thanks for the heads up, good to hear!
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X