KDE Plasma 5.19 Sees Many Regression Fixes, Other Work For Plasma 5.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.19 Sees Many Regression Fixes, Other Work For Plasma 5.20

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.19 Sees Many Regression Fixes, Other Work For Plasma 5.20

KDE developers continue making much progress on enhancing their desktop through this pandemic and the nice summer weather...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's a lot of regressions, I personally reported two of them during beta phase. Somehow no one noticed my reports until 5.19 shipped and people started creating duplicates en masse. What's the point of beta release then?

Comment

In Plasma 5.19.1 Wayland the clipboard doesn't work which made me switch back to X11 after an hour of work.

The other issues were tolerable: like mouse pointer glitches (it tends to thicken or turn into a black rectangle).

Comment

KRunner also has an "arch: " shortcut for searching the Arch Linux Wiki.
        Ahahahaha!
        But nice addition.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Support for performing private/icognito searches in KRunner with the web shortcuts.

Comment

Yeah, Kontact was fixed already and that came to openSUSE Tumbleweed, but still has no battery (it looks like was fixed, but hasn't came yet). 5.19 was one of the most harsh releases, TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
              In Plasma 5.19.1 Wayland the clipboard doesn't work which made me switch back to X11 after an hour of work.

The other issues were tolerable: like mouse pointer glitches (it tends to thicken or turn into a black rectangle).
              What a shame. The KDE community isnt able to get a clipboard working? In 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

What a shame. The KDE community isnt able to get a clipboard working? In 2020.
                You know very well there's a big difference between "doesn't work - there's a confirmed bug reported on this" and "doesn't work - my distro or my own settings broke something, somewhere".
                That said, last I looked at KDE Plasma Wayland, when I moved a window from one monitor to the other, Plasma decided two swap the monitors. There's clearly (a lot of) work left.

Comment

Originally posted by Somebody who thinks is the pointiest stick in the world
                  (Alexander Lohnau, Plasma 5.18.7)
                  5.18.7?! I thought 5.18.6 was not out yet?

(also why has 5.18.6 been delayed by 2 months?)
                  Last edited by tildearrow; 20 June 2020, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Alexmitter and 144Hz you do have knowledge of how software is developed, right?
                    Because it would seem that you're not familiar with the concept that with every new release of something new bugs come along. Sometimes these new bugs are regressions.
                    Ideally there would be nice tests catching those regressions, but having 100% coverage is usually more utopic than feasible.
                    Even the kernel is plagued with many bugs in every new release, but I don't see you pestering every thread that talks about kernel development.

Comment

Working...
                    X