Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Developers Begin Working More On Plasma 5.20 Changes

Phoronix: KDE Developers Begin Working More On Plasma 5.20 Changes

Given this week's successful launch of Plasma 5.19, KDE developers have begun focusing more work on Plasma 5.20 as the desktop's next feature release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

To check your plasma version from the terminal:
    plasmashell --version

Comment

Thanks to KDE developers for the continuous usability improvements

Comment

For me, the most important is
        The Baloo file indexer no longer skips indexing the filenames of files with a blacklisted MIME type (i.e. those whose contents are not useful to index); it will now always index filenames, but only perform full content indexing for files whose content makes sense to index. This should make it better overall at finding files but use hardly any more resources in the process (Stefan Brüns, Frameworks 5.72)
        . Should have alwas been like that.

Comment

Originally posted by frank007
          Yesterday I installed Neon for trying. Heavy, heavy, and heavy. The the only ram usage say nothing. Kde4 Plasma was way better.
          No issues on my side. Try upgrading your CPU from 2002 before complaining.

Been using the plasma wayland session 5.19 with Qt 5.15 and very satisfied

Comment

run tumbleweed with kde 5.19 wayland session, no crash, it's fast

Comment

Originally posted by marccollin View Post
              run tumbleweed with kde 5.19 wayland session, no crash, it's fast
              I am surprised with how well the 5.19 wayland session works compared to previous tries of plasma wayland. I switched to it fulltime

Comment

Originally posted by frank007
                Yesterday I installed Neon for trying. Heavy, heavy, and heavy. The the only ram usage say nothing. Kde4 Plasma was way better.
                LOL. Plasma 5 isn't perfect and I actually gave up on it (but it's still better than some other DE's out there!), but no way in hell that that KDE 4 crap was better. KDE 4 should've never been marked stable. Even GNOME Shell is better than KDE 4 ever was.
                Last edited by Vistaus; 13 June 2020, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 240Hz View Post

No issues on my side. Try upgrading your CPU from 2002 before complaining.

Been using the plasma wayland session 5.19 with Qt 5.15 and very satisfied
                  There are people using Windows and being satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                    To check your plasma version from the terminal:
                    plasmashell --version
                    Why do you need the terminal? If you started Plasma already, Alt+Space->info and open Info Center. It will show you a lot more info

Comment

Working...
                    X