Proton 5.0-8 Shipping With The Latest DXVK/VKD3D, Windows Game Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proton 5.0-8 Shipping With The Latest DXVK/VKD3D, Windows Game Fixes

Phoronix: Proton 5.0-8 Shipping With The Latest DXVK/VKD3D, Windows Game Fixes

Following the recent release candidate, the Valve and CodeWeavers developers have officially promoted this latest Wine-based downstream for empowering Steam Play to their latest stable release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I tried beta proton/steam a few days ago and it failed silently on game run. IMO they should work on bug reporting; letting the users and devs know what broke so it can be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by elatllat View Post
      I tried beta proton/steam a few days ago and it failed silently on game run. IMO they should work on bug reporting; letting the users and devs know what broke so it can be fixed.
      I believe the problem with that is that even they don't know. That's why they always have regressions. There's far too much involved and it would take major regression testing each time they work on it or update something.

They already have bug reporting on their git.

Comment

Originally posted by ix900 View Post
        They already have bug reporting on their git.
        Without something like Apport that's only 1/2 a solution. Hope they work on auto reporting soon.

Comment

There appears to be a nasty new issue (probably introduced by a change in the EA Origin client) that breaks any game on Steam that uses the EA Origin client via Proton or Wine.

I hope this gets fixed soon so I can play Mirrors Edge: Catalyst that I just bought.

Compatibility Report Name of the game with compatibility issues: Mirrors Edge Catalyst (with todays EA launch of several games I bought Unravel, Unravel2, Burnout Paradise Remastered and Mirrors Ed...

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
            There appears to be a nasty new issue (probably introduced by a change in the EA Origin client) that breaks any game on Steam that uses the EA Origin client via Proton or Wine.

I hope this gets fixed soon so I can play Mirrors Edge: Catalyst that I just bought.

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/3937
            Nasty new bug meaning, ME:C used to work but now doesn't? You can always revert back to an older known-working version of Proton. I do that for a couple of my games, some of which haven't worked properly since 3.16.

Comment

Originally posted by elatllat View Post
              Without something like Apport that's only 1/2 a solution. Hope they work on auto reporting soon.
              I fully agree that they need to step it up in a few different areas. Its just that they haven't which brought me to the original point. But, it would definitely be better for them to start working on bug tracking and regression testing nightmare that is Wine sooner than later considering the problem you point out.

Comment

Originally posted by frank007
                Where can I get the precompiled binaries?
                steam will download and use them automatically

Comment

Originally posted by frank007
                  Where can I get the precompiled binaries?
                  You can use lutris to get pre-compiled binaries - you can get different flavors of it too.

Comment

is there a hardware limitation for vkd3d?
                    i've tried the only 2 games that i have with dx12 and both crash when the games starts. (ashes and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided)

Comment

Working...
                    X