Improved EXT4 + XFS DAX Implementation Appears Ready To Go For Linux 5.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improved EXT4 + XFS DAX Implementation Appears Ready To Go For Linux 5.8

Phoronix: Improved EXT4 + XFS DAX Implementation Appears Ready To Go For Linux 5.8

Adding to the expected changes for Linux 5.8 is improved EXT4 and XFS file-system direct access "DAX" support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The dax mount option for EXT4 and XFS now support enabling it "always", "never", or "inode" for the more selective handling.
    Typos: "support" should be "supports" as well as there should be an "as" after "it"

The dax mount option for EXT4 and XFS now supports enabling it as "Jadzia", "Ezri", or "Curzon" for the more selective handling.
    I think we all want the Jadzia Dax mount option.

Comment

This is only for Optane NVDIMM right? The low capacity like 32GB or something? Not the 480GB 900p and 905p models?

Comment

Dax, the dude from Attack of the Clones? Thanks for the reminder it exists. Whoever is doing it, Disney is gonna sue the hell out of them though.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          Dax, the dude from Attack of the Clones? Thanks for the reminder it exists. Whoever is doing it, Disney is gonna sue the hell out of them though.
          No, no, no. The one from DS9.

Comment

It's amazing how time goes by, I have now moved to Btrfs for my system for almost three years, even if I have XFS storage disk.

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post
              This is only for Optane NVDIMM right? The low capacity like 32GB or something?
              With Apache Pass 512GB per DIMM module is available (at a price point that only a few targeted customers are really interested, but those that are interested are *very* interested).

Comment

Working...
              X