Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Relaunches GPUOpen For Open-Source Game Development Resources

Phoronix: AMD Relaunches GPUOpen For Open-Source Game Development Resources

AMD announced this morning the relaunch of GPUOpen, the company's effort on providing open-source development resources primarily for game developers in making use of various Radeon GPU technologies and other open standards across Windows and Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Relaunch". An euphemism for "developers were not exactly flocking towards..."

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      "Relaunch". An euphemism for "developers were not exactly flocking towards..."
      Nah, you're being too cynical. They just restructured the website. I tried to access something on it, yesterday, but the link was broken, leading to a sort of "Under Construction" page, indicating that it would reopen today.

I can attest that the old organization was a little weird and the style was somewhat edgy. So far, I can say at least it now looks more standard, sane, and professional.

See for yourself. Here's a snapshot from a week ago: https://web.archive.org/web/20191213...//gpuopen.com/
      Last edited by coder; 11 May 2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

HDR looks useful.

Comment

I really hope this gets adopted more in cases where devs would otherwise choose the closed nvidia alternative. AMD, you rock!

Comment

Some effects are DX12 only, others are portable GL/DX/VK.

Comment

What's the story with AMD's OpenCL SDK? Are they still determined to provide OpenCL via ROCm for Linux only? I know it's not directly related to game developers, but it is GPU driven and they need to have a common solution for Windows and Linux or just cede the market to Nvidia. I have the last version of the Windows APP SDK that they published, but it's getting pretty old.

Will AMD be updating their OpenCL drivers to support and/or report version 3.0? With their recent market gains, they should now have the resources to properly support OpenCL in addition to their other GPU APIs and tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark625 View Post
                What's the story with AMD's OpenCL SDK?
                Wrong forum. Try here:

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                  Nah, you're being too cynical.
                  You don't know me, but that just means I'm alive and well

Comment

"GPUOpen".

K so, I'm just a lowly math guy who likes to try, desperately, to keep more or less in touch with GPU compute and, math being what it is (visualization is important), GPU graphics. So can AMD please explain to me where "GPUOpen" fits in the growing alphabet soup of GPU-oriented tech? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X