No announcement yet.

Experimental Linux Live OS For Showcasing Wayland Updated With Latest Desktops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experimental Linux Live OS For Showcasing Wayland Updated With Latest Desktops

Phoronix: Experimental Linux Live OS For Showcasing Wayland Updated With Latest Desktops

Years ago long before GNOME had great Wayland support and was used by default on the likes of Fedora Workstation and long before other Wayland compositors had mature support along with other areas of the stack, there was a Linux distribution offering up an experimental Linux "Live DVD/USB" OS for showcasing Wayland. That distribution is now out with a new release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Problems and Notes: Gnome Shell crashes on 64 bit
    Maybe next time

Comment

Wow, I remember trying it a few years ago and I was quite impressed that it worked without any problems or glitches unlike KDE Plasma, but maybe because it was so simple.
      I remember also that I could rotate windows very easily, i don't know what this would be useful for, but anyway.
      I wish that KDE would hire this developer, if he's available, to help them further improve Wayland support, to get it more on par with Gnome.

Comment

i miss hannah montana linux :'(

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
          i miss hannah montana linux :'(
          And Justin Bieber Linux 😢

Comment

Typo:
            Enlihgtenment
            Also, no KDE Plasma?

Comment

KDE plasma is there, must have left it of PRERELEASE_README.txt accidentally

Comment

long before GNOME had great Wayland support and was used by default on the likes of Fedora Workstation
                Over 200 "new" bug reports on bugzilla, with the oldest being August 2019, and most seem to have been reported within the past 3 months. Maybe it's great support, I don't know. Maybe "in progress" would be a more apt description. And when you say "the likes of Fedora Workstation" - which others are using it as the default? I see Debian's Gnome spin, and that's it, maybe I'm missing something. Ubuntu tried a few years ago and failed, so they got their community test distribution - whoops I mean Debian - to be the test guinea pig.

Big thumbs up to the return of Hannah Montana Linux. It's a party in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by archkde View Post
                  Typo:

Also, no KDE Plasma?
                  Let me report the-

Typo!!!!

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  the log-in manager are options for going into the Wayland-based Weston, Liri, GNOME Shell, Enlightenment, and Wayfire desktops.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post

And Justin Bieber Linux 😢
                    And Red Star OS

Comment

Working...
                    X