Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenRazer 2.8 Brings Broader Razer Device Support On Linux

Phoronix: OpenRazer 2.8 Brings Broader Razer Device Support On Linux

OpenRazer, one of the leading open-source/Linux solutions for configuring Razer peripherals on Linux, is out with a big update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This new update allows me to make persistent changes to my DeathAdder V2 that Razer claimed wasn't supported in forums. It appears they were just lazy. OpenRazer is technically superior to Synapse 3 and not just for automation. Yay for open source!

Comment

Originally posted by zeroepoch View Post
      OpenRazer is technically superior to Synapse 3 and not just for automation. Yay for open source!
      No, it isn't.
      Ugh for this v2.8.0 release. As long as we don't have the following:

- Local effect storage (I made this but they haven't bothered merging because I am just overloaded now)
      - Key bindings
      - Advanced effects and a proper API

...it won't be better than Synapse 3.

Comment

Am I the only crusty old BOFH here who doesn't know what a 'Razer peripheral' is? Some kind of USB electric shaver?? Sounds gross.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

No, it isn't.
          Ugh for this v2.8.0 release. As long as we don't have the following:

- Local effect storage (I made this but they haven't bothered merging because I am just overloaded now)
          - Key bindings
          - Advanced effects and a proper API

...it won't be better than Synapse 3.
          Well at least for me it solved a problem that was previously unsolvable. Now I have my Corsair keyboard matching my Razer mouse in Linux without any special software installed (post setting them up). Sounds like they don't intend to ever solve the static lighting problem in Synapse 3 (https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-...l#post28274486).

Comment

There is a PPA for those using Ubuntu or one of it´s derivates (e..g Linux Mint)
            -> https://launchpad.net/~openrazer/+archive/ubuntu/stable

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
              Am I the only crusty old BOFH here who doesn't know what a 'Razer peripheral' is? Some kind of USB electric shaver?? Sounds gross.
              LoL! that was funny, while I'm not sure how honest your comment is (and the answer is just one web search away) I would just say that Razer are overpriced mouse and keyboard peripherals that target the gaming community and sport non standard features, most of them that aren't so useful but more of the fireworks kind of thing with the leds, colors and effects

Comment

Just wondering, it says support for Basilisk, would that also be the ultimate wireless one as well?

Comment

Working...
                X