Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 5.5 Released With 850+ Patches Atop Wine

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 5.5 Released With 850+ Patches Atop Wine

Following Friday's release of Wine 5.5, Wine-Staging 5.5 is now available as the experimental blend of Wine with some 850+ patches atop the upstream code-base with various features in testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

not sure if i understand this right, but does it mean that the amount of patches is actually dropping? wasn't it closer to 1000 some versions ago?

Comment

Wine-Staging 5.5 also has a fix for Winemenubuilder in properly respecting existing defaults for file-type associations
      No way! Does that mean in the future I won't suddenly have Internet Explorer open my GIFs? Amazing

Comment

my solution about winemenubuilder

Code:
        #include <windows.h>

int PASCAL wWinMain (HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE prev, LPWSTR cmdline, int show)
        {
        return 0;
        }
        save as programs/winemenubuilder/winemenubuilder.c in the wine sources (overwrite)

build wine

profit

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
          not sure if i understand this right, but does it mean that the amount of patches is actually dropping? wasn't it closer to 1000 some versions ago?
          Seems like the last year or so it's been over 800 patches. Would be nice if they could get that number down even more, but I guess they're upstreaming patches at the same rate as new patches are being made.

Comment

My solution to the menu builder issue is having my wine frontend script adding the following registry entry to the wine prefix:

REGEDIT4
            [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\DllOverrides]
            "winemenubuilder.exe"=""

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post

Seems like the last year or so it's been over 800 patches. Would be nice if they could get that number down even more, but I guess they're upstreaming patches at the same rate as new patches are being made.
              Which means Wine-Staging is fulfilling the purpose it's named for, to be a staging/trial area for new patches to be tested before they're upstreamed. I don't particularly think the number of patches being high is a bad sign, so long as it's not increasing at a much greater rate than being accepted upstream.

Comment

Working...
              X