Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android-x86 9.0-r1 Finally Released For Bringing Android 9.0 Pie To Intel/AMD Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android-x86 9.0-r1 Finally Released For Bringing Android 9.0 Pie To Intel/AMD Systems

Phoronix: Android-x86 9.0-r1 Finally Released For Bringing Android 9.0 Pie To Intel/AMD Systems

While test builds have been available for months, out today is Android-x86 9.0-r1 as the first stable release of the Android 9.0 "Pie" series brought to Intel/AMD x86/x86_64 hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Gimme some 'secure booty'
    I like it

Comment

They aren't that far behind. Android 9 is the latest found on any Chromebooks right now as well.

Now to see if this release will actually work in QEMU with Virgil.

Comment

Which devices would run this?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          Which devices would run this?
          From what I have seen, a bunch of Atom/Celeron based streamer boxes from Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

From what I have seen, a bunch of Atom/Celeron based streamer boxes from Asia.
            Some point of sale and arcade machines too.

Comment

Originally posted by c117152 View Post

Some point of sale and arcade machines too.
              That's more or less the same hardware, under the hood anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
                Gimme some 'secure booty'
                I like it
                Yeah. Michael, what were you thinking about when writing this, uh?

Comment

Ha. It has been removed. No more goodies on Phoronix.

Comment

ok, guys, i need some light here.. my wife has an philco notebook with amd apu a4-5000 and 4gb of ram. does anyone know if this thing will run on this notebook? id like to put this crap notebook to work so my wife can have some fun on it and make some work/study but in a way she already likes, android environment.

Comment

Working...
                    X