Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running The Linux 5.6 Kernel With AMD Radeon Graphics

Phoronix: Running The Linux 5.6 Kernel With AMD Radeon Graphics

Now hitting about mid-way through the Linux 5.6 kernel with early fallout having been addressed, we've been ramping up our testing/benchmarking of this next major kernel release. Here is our initial experience with the AMDGPU driver on Linux 5.6...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The text in graphs is extremely small, compared to the article text. If I enlarge the page to read the graphs comfortably, the rest of the article is way too huge. Please make the text in graphs bigger.

Comment

I never made it to games. My F32 environment last night didn't have working Netflix so I rebooted into F31. I need my bedtime stories -- currently DS9.

I have to agree with kparal. I have to zoom the pages to 130% to make the smaller fonts somewhat readable and to 170% to prevent eye strain while reading the smaller fonts. Been an issue for a while, but not being a Premium member I kept my mouth shut. Since someone else is mentioning it, however, I figured I'd comment on it too. Outside of Breeze Dark, I'm using the default Silverblue 31-Kinoite-Firefox visual settings.

Comment

I like DS9. Staring Voyager after about 9 pm makes me turn it off and go bother the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Linux_Chemist

Voyager > DS9 (Watch me get destroyed for this sentiment lol)
          My favorite is Enterprise, so, yeah...at least you won't be alone in your destruction.

Comment

It looks overall slower :/

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

My favorite is Enterprise, so, yeah...at least you won't be alone in your destruction.
              Very brave. I recently came to the realization that the last two seasons of Enterprise are probably my favourite seasons of any Trek series, even if Enterprise isn't my favorite overall.

But if it were, I wouldn't be brave enough to say it in public.

As for Guest

Comment

Originally posted by alvinde View Post

Very brave. I recently came to the realization that the last two seasons of Enterprise are probably my favourite seasons of any Trek series, even if Enterprise isn't my favorite overall.

But if it were, I wouldn't be brave enough to say it in public.
                It's like Battlestar Galactia (the remake) -- very good show ruined by the ending. I pretend their last episodes just don't exist...and that boxing episode...fracking snooze fest...

Comment

I remember watching Galactica when I was a kid, was damn awesome. Have to find them series.

Obligatory Topic: Very happy AMD RX 5700 and Ryzen 3700X user here. Debian Testing with kernel 5.4.19-1 does not seem to have any issues. GTA:O goes smooth in maxed settings with vsync enabled.

Comment

I constantly get stacktrace on broken assert with Ryzen 2400g APU, https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/issues/839 it would not be that annoying if fedora didn't spam me through abrt.

Comment

Working...
                    X