Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's ConnMan Is Ready With WireGuard Support

Phoronix: Intel's ConnMan Is Ready With WireGuard Support

In addition to NetworkManager having good WireGuard support in advance of this secure VPN tunnel tech landing with the Linux 5.6 kernel, Intel's ConnMan software is also ready with supporting WireGuard...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Intel's ConnMan, there's me thinking it's their benchmark testing software.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
      Intel's ConnMan, there's me thinking it's their benchmark testing software.
      Why does everyone understand the joke?
      When I saw "ConnMan" I just thought of "connection manager"...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Why does everyone understand the joke?
        When I saw "ConnMan" I just thought of "connection manager"...
        It's because of this...
        a person who tricks other people in order to get their money : con artist… See the full definition

It's like what happens when Intel tells OEMs and system builders that if they offer Intel products exclusively then that makes them eligible for specific partner discounts... Or like when Intel said that ICC could only compile Intel optimized binaries and they paid studios to use it exclusively... Or like when Intel paid Best Buy to train its sales associates to sell only Intel based PCs...

There's more examples of Intel conning people, I could keep going....

EDIT: Or like when Intel creates entire benchmarking suites and then pay enthusiast oriented benchmarking sites to spam the internet with cheated results...
        Last edited by duby229; 19 January 2020, 05:15 PM.

Comment

While I interpreted the name as a shortened ConnectionManager, I admit I also thought of Con Man, a comedy series starting Alan Tudyk.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

It's because of this...
            [URL]

EDIT: Or like when Intel creates entire benchmarking suites and then pay enthusiast oriented benchmarking sites to spam the internet with cheated results...
            Or when Intel security is so shit they have to mitigation kneecap their Xeons into Celerons.

Any more someone would like to add ?

Comment

Does anyone have any constructive feedback? I started using iwd at least one year ago (in early 2019) and I have never looked back to wpa_supplicant. NetworkManager works well for me—even better now with seamless WireGuard support—but I'm open to everything to be shaken up if there is cleaner code, safer code, smaller code, etc (like iwd).

Comment

Originally posted by aorth View Post
                Does anyone have any constructive feedback?
                ConnMan is simpler than NetworkManager (I used it in the near past), especially if used from commandline. The third party GUI was not amazing (I used cmst https://github.com/andrew-bibb/cmst and there is a GTK one too) but functional.

I wouldn't say it is necessarily better, but it can do all NM does while not being nearly as large.

Comment

So nice of Intel to name a software after their ex-CEO Brian Krzanich...

Comment

Let's hope Intel takes security with their software a bit more serious than they do with their hardware... *chuckles*

Comment

Working...
                    X