No announcement yet.

Nextcloud Hub Announced For Offering On-Premises Content Collaboration Platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextcloud Hub Announced For Offering On-Premises Content Collaboration Platform

Phoronix: Nextcloud Hub Announced For Offering On-Premises Content Collaboration Platform

Nearly four years since forking from ownCloud, Nextcloud continues taking on the likes of Dropbox, Google Docs, and Microsoft 365 -- especially more so now with their introduction of Nextcloud Hub. Nextcloud Hub is a completely integrated on-premises content collaboration platform...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Mail 1.0 recognizes itineraries!
    Are they using KDE itinerary?

Edit: yes, they do: https://www.volkerkrause.eu/2020/01/...tegration.html

They have a few typos in there press release. Overall I do not see how this is different from nextcloud.

Also, the online demo has a few bugs: photo app not working, sidebar not closing properly when viewing pictures.

That said, I am quite happy with my current nextcloud install. If only Yunohost could upgrade to the latest version... I was looking at the demo to see if they improved browsing pictures over a slow connection.

Now, I wish thee was an option to replace nextcloud talk with a Matrix backend...
    Last edited by M@yeulC; 18 January 2020, 08:15 AM.

Comment

My only issue with the Mail app is lack of archive support. But otherwise it's been quite handy in a pinch.

Comment

I have been using and deploying Nextcloud on my premises for a number of years now and have been very happy with it generally. Its gotten a bit more complex to setup but its proven to be a very robust platform.

Comment

What’s the difference between NextCloud and OwnCloud?

Comment

I don't get it.
            It sounds like its just nextcloud, but with a few plugins installed/enabled by default.

@Royi: The same as the difference between LibreOffice and OpenOffice, or MariaDB and MySQL.

In each case, the one listed after the "and" is the "might as well be defunct" parent of the dominant fork.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
              @Royi: The same as the difference between LibreOffice and OpenOffice, or MariaDB and MySQL.
              Feature wise, which one is superior?
              Which one has bigger community with more contributing committers?

Comment

Originally posted by Royi View Post
                What’s the difference between NextCloud and OwnCloud?
                OwnCloud is a startup wich recieved seed capital. OwnCloud creator had a lot of divergencies with the investors and forked the project, creating NextCloud, and created a closed capital enterprise.
                The community flocked to NextCloud, and I think OwnCloud will disappear with time.

Comment

There seems to be some trouble brewing between Nextcloud and the community, with regard to their conduct, and the restriction of community versions.

What sets Autoize apart as an unbiased and 100% independent open source consultant. Get expert support - without costly annual enterprise subscriptions.

Comment

Working...
                  X