Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darktable 3.0 Photography Software Released With Complete GUI Rework, Many New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darktable 3.0 Photography Software Released With Complete GUI Rework, Many New Features

Phoronix: Darktable 3.0 Photography Software Released With Complete GUI Rework, Many New Features

For open-source photographers, there is an exciting new present under the Christmas tree... The huge Darktable 3.0 software package with almost three thousand commits over Darktable 2.6. The Darktable 3.0 RAW photography software suite comes with several big improvements to help in managing your holiday photos or for any occasion...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Congratulations! A marvellous piece of software!

I'm using the git master nearly every day. Although I have to confess that I struggled quite a bit with the new filmic, which finally has evolved to a very useful module.
    Last edited by Hans Bull; 24 December 2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

It's amazing as heck that I can capture raw images with my relatively old cannon sd780 running chdk and manipulate them with darktable.

Comment

Awesome piece of software for raw files!

Comment

Pretty sweet, but I don't think themes are the top of the list in 3.0, other changes seem way more useful. That said, I'm glad they didn't go overboard with themes and instead the themes are all in the light(er)/dark(er) categories, which should make Darktable fit in nicely with virtually any DE.

Comment

Just in time... And... "A 3.0.1 release already on its way"

Comment

Originally posted by cbxbiker61 View Post
              It's amazing as heck that I can capture raw images with my relatively old cannon sd780 running chdk and manipulate them with darktable.
              But any one that has bought a Canon camera in the last 2 years can't. I had really hoped that they would have included the new version of libraw that supports CR3 files but no such luck.

On the other hand they did get off of GTK2.

>"Note that the new GUI requires Gtk+ 3.22 or higher to work properly."

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
                On the other hand they did get off of GTK2.

>"Note that the new GUI requires Gtk+ 3.22 or higher to work properly."
                Uh, no... when they see "3.22 or higher", they mean just that... not 3.20 or earlier. As far as I know, they've not supported Gtk+2 for a very very long time...

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post

But any one that has bought a Canon camera in the last 2 years can't. I had really hoped that they would have included the new version of libraw that supports CR3 files but no such luck.
                  All professionals use Lightroom or something better. Darktable is only used by the poor and mediocre photographers.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

All professionals use Lightroom or something better. Darktable is only used by the poor and mediocre photographers.
                    F you.

Comment

Working...
                    X