Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btrfs Gets A Big Improvement For More Robust RAID1 In Linux 5.5

Phoronix: Btrfs Gets A Big Improvement For More Robust RAID1 In Linux 5.5

David Sterba sent in his pull request early of the Btrfs file-system changes that are ready for merging into the Linux 5.5 merge window next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'd be interested to see some benchmarks of the new checksumming algorithms!

Comment

Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
      I'd be interested to see some benchmarks of the new checksumming algorithms!
      Not before we've seen yet another episode of next gen filesystem wars right here!

Comment

That's a great feature, I will definitely extend then my RAID1 to RAID1C3.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
          Make sure to have backups because it's a new feature and could still be buggy

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
            it makes sense when you have so many huge drives so that when one fails and fs starts moving chunks to other drivers , there is a good chance another will fail before it finishes. first, you probably don't have so many huge drives, second, raid1 should move chunks faster than raid5

Comment

Good to see another exciting update to this advanced next generation Linux filesystem.

Comment

Nice to see improvements on Btrfs, the file system that I usually use ...

Comment

I can't tell if these comments are tongue in cheek, straight forward, or if I'm just a cynical ahole. Ok, moving on.

Comment

Certainly my comment was not ironic!

Comment

Working...
                    X