Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWD 1.0 Released As Intel's Wireless Daemon For Linux Systems

Phoronix: IWD 1.0 Released As Intel's Wireless Daemon For Linux Systems

Intel's IWD wireless daemon for Linux systems that could potentially replace WPA_Supplicant has reached the big 1.0 milestone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i wonder if its possible to use BSSID with this new zuper version. i've never tried to create ap with this iwd but does it have possibility to configure all parameters like wpa_supplicant?

Comment

It is actually "iNet Wireless Daemon", whatever this means...

I have been using it for a few months now, it overall works great, especially as a companion to networkd. Unfortunately, it logs close to nothing, so when it refuses to work you won't get a clue why. Documentation used to be trash as well, but is is getting better.

Comment

Hey so is it stable enough for a daily use ? This is good to evolve to other thing than the old wpa_supplicant, I hope this will do the job !

Comment

Originally posted by guildem View Post
          Hey so is it stable enough for a daily use ? This is good to evolve to other thing than the old wpa_supplicant, I hope this will do the job !
          I've been using it for about a year now. It has been working fantastically. There have been a few hiccups connecting to some weird WPA-Enterprise networks though.

Comment

Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
            I've been using it for about a year now. It has been working fantastically. There have been a few hiccups connecting to some weird WPA-Enterprise networks though.
            Thank you for sharing your experience ! I'll definitely give it a try when it will be available on arch repos ! No weird enterprise networks for me so it should work great.

Comment

How does it compare performance wise? Can any wifi device make use of it?

Comment

Interesting. I was experimenting with it over the last year or so but it never seemed to work. And I am not even speaking about WPA Enterprise or eduroam but even for my home wifi. Actually tried that like a month ago, it saw the network, connected to it, everything seemed fine but after roughly 10 minutes I had no internet while iwd still claimed the wifi was up.

It must be something in my system, is anyone using iwd on a Lenovo T530 or maybe with dbus-broker? Just so I can figure out if I am looking at a hardware issue or software issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mb_q View Post
                  Unfortunately, it logs close to nothing, so when it refuses to work you won't get a clue why.
                  That doesn't sound great, hopefully they will work on that soon if they want it to see widespread adoption.

Comment

I was trying to get it to work the other day. It said it was connected, but no internet. Assumed I maybe missed a step hooking it up to systemd-networkd, but, couldn't figure it out. Usually a quick Google, and you find some other idiot with the same problem, but no luck there.

Comment

Working...
                    X