Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.35.1 Released As The First Step Towards GNOME 3.36

Phoronix: GNOME 3.35.1 Released As The First Step Towards GNOME 3.36

GNOME 3.35.1 was released this morning as the first development release towards GNOME 3.36 next March...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Exciting news. Looking forward for GNOME 3.36.1... oh wait... I don't...

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
      3.36 will be as exciting as 3.34 was
      But nowhere near as exciting as 5.17

(This is what you get for posting about Gnome in so many Plasma threads )

Anyhoo, you Gnome folks enjoy your new release and I'm gonna enjoy mine.

Comment

using gnome atm, boy took a bit of work getting it how I like things. Normally I use Plasma5 (have both installed) so atm just trialing it out. I do know for sure that nvidia drivers appear to still have issues with the wayland version. (and nvidia-settings doesn't like it).

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

But nowhere near as exciting as 5.17

(This is what you get for posting about Gnome in so many Plasma threads )

Anyhoo, you Gnome folks enjoy your new release and I'm gonna enjoy mine.
          Plasma needs be was Gnome is (or should be) but without the retardation of Gnome and Gnome developers.

Seriously, would be the best DE ever!

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
            using gnome atm, boy took a bit of work getting it how I like things. Normally I use Plasma5 (have both installed) so atm just trialing it out. I do know for sure that nvidia drivers appear to still have issues with the wayland version. (and nvidia-settings doesn't like it).
            It should disable Wayland under NVidia.

Comment

Working...
            X