Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft's Latest Open-Source Contribution: A New Font For Terminals & Code Editors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft's Latest Open-Source Contribution: A New Font For Terminals & Code Editors

Phoronix: Microsoft's Latest Open-Source Contribution: A New Font For Terminals & Code Editors

This week Microsoft not only open-sourced their C++ standard library (STL) but they have also now shipped Cascadia Code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No fonts can beat Dejavu Sans Mono for me. After trying different ones, I always go back to the Dejavu.

Comment

Thank you Microsoft!

Comment

This looks really cool!

Comment

I like some of the styling, especially on the "r" and the "k"

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
            I like some of the styling, especially on the "r" and the "k"
            Funny, actually somebody opened a bug report to get rid of the curvy styling of "k" https://github.com/microsoft/cascadia-code/issues/31

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
              No fonts can beat Dejavu Sans Mono for me. After trying different ones, I always go back to the Dejavu.
              Droid Sans Mono, 12 pt for me. A distant relative of DejaVu Sans Mono one may say.

Screenshots of all three for those curious:

Microsoft's Cascadia Code, 12pt
              DejaVu Sans Mono, 12pt
              Droid Sans Mono, 12pt
              Last edited by perpetually high; 19 September 2019, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Inconsolata hardcore fan here.

Comment

Fira Code user here, only personal nitpick is its lack of an ExtraLight weight, coupled with the fact that its source is in the proprietary Glyphs.app format so the community can't easily fork and mod.

EDIT: Oh well the Cascadia Code source is in Glyphs format too...

Comment

Last edited by ElectricPrism; 19 September 2019, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X