Proton 4.11-4 Released With Updated DXVK, Improved PS4 Controller Handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proton 4.11-4 Released With Updated DXVK, Improved PS4 Controller Handling

Phoronix: Proton 4.11-4 Released With Updated DXVK, Improved PS4 Controller Handling

In time for any weekend gaming, Valve's team maintaining their Proton downstream of Wine for powering Steam Play to run Windows games on Linux has issued their v4.11-4 update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmm, I wonder if this'll solve some of my problems with my DS4. Controller support seems to be the most flaky issue for me.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Hmm, I wonder if this'll solve some of my problems with my DS4. Controller support seems to be the most flaky issue for me.
      If it doesn't, try right clicking on the game and hitting Properties - > Steam Input Per-Game Setting, and change that to Forced Off. Had to do that to get Sleeping Dogs to work.

Also if you haven't already, click the Steam dropdown at the top -> Settings -> General Controller Settings and make sure PlayStation Configuration Support is checked.

If neither of the above two work, on some games when you right click on them, there's an Edit Steam Controller Configuration option. On the left side, you'll see a Community tab where people submit working configs that you can try out.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        Also be aware of https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/13553 systemd 243 is alread in the arch repo's and breaks controller input in some games.

Comment

I like that they update it often now. Proton 4.11 fixed mouse locks(locking to half of the screen) that I had in some games.
          Now everything I tried just works which is very nice.

Comment

To add to the DS4 talk, with 4.11.X I've had to enable the Steam Overlay for my DS4 to be picked up over BT. Seems like some trigger doesn't go off when a game starts if the overlay isn't enabled. It isn't until the overlay popup about the controller starts to disappear that my DS4 using BT becomes usable and I'm able to skip intros, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

If it doesn't, try right clicking on the game and hitting Properties - > Steam Input Per-Game Setting, and change that to Forced Off. Had to do that to get Sleeping Dogs to work.
              Are you playing games wired? In my experiences, it won't be picked up by games when using Forced Off and BT. On/Auto with PS Configuration Support and the Overlay are required when playing Hitman 2 and Kingdom Come Deliverance with wireless/BT.

Comment

I've heard it finally fixes Rayman Origins!

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Are you playing games wired? In my experiences, it won't be picked up by games when using Forced Off and BT. On/Auto with PS Configuration Support and the Overlay are required when playing Hitman 2 and Kingdom Come Deliverance with wireless/BT.
                  Yeah I'm using wired, and there's generally only been a couple games where I had to do the Forced Off trick. I keep the overlay on mainly for the FPS on the bottom left, and it doesn't seem to affect performance so that's good. I'm gonna give the BT a whirl again.

Comment

Haven't tested on many games but tried "Tera" and DCUO and they won't run.

Luckly, there's Shroud of the Avatar, Linux native that works great, different kind of play however.

Comment

Working...
                    X