Unity 2019.3 Beta Released With Renderer Improvements, Linux & Vulkan Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unity 2019.3 Beta Released With Renderer Improvements, Linux & Vulkan Fixes

Phoronix: Unity 2019.3 Beta Released With Renderer Improvements, Linux & Vulkan Fixes

The beta release of Unity 2019.3 is out today for this wildly popular cross-platform game engine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now we just need developers to actually use Vulkan etc for unity.
    Every Unity game I have, the devs refuse to enable Vulkan, even if they have updated to 2019 Unity...
    Dunno why there is so much resistance towards using Vulkan in the indie scene...

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
      Now we just need developers to actually use Vulkan etc for unity.
      Every Unity game I have, the devs refuse to enable Vulkan, even if they have updated to 2019 Unity...
      Dunno why there is so much resistance towards using Vulkan in the indie scene...
      Probably simply cluelessness. Professional developers have no problem with enabling it.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Probably simply cluelessness. Professional developers have no problem with enabling it.
        I can't run KSP with the Vulkan renderer and frikkin Take Two outta be as professional as they come.

Comment

KSP is sort bit old now and KSP2 is just around the corner, so maybe KSP2 will be vulkan supported..

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
            KSP is sort bit old now and KSP2 is just around the corner, so maybe KSP2 will be vulkan supported..
            I hope so. Since they haven't said a word on Linux KSP2, all we can really do is hope. Still though, in the past Squad was pretty good about pushing features like that which makes it odd that the remainder of Squad working with Take Two hasn't pushed out some form of Vulkan support (even if marked as beta) by now.

The tease is the Vulkan command switch is on their website else I really wouldn't give a damn....but don't tease me like this:

Code:
             [TABLE]
             	 		[TR]
             			[TD][B]-force-vulkan[/B][/TD]
             			[TD]Forces KSP to use the [B]experimental[/B] Vulkan stack.[/TD]
             		[/TR]
             		[TR]
             			[TD][B]-force-wayland[/B][/TD]
             			[TD]Forces KSP to use the [B]experimental[/B] Wayland support in Linux.[/TD]
             		[/TR]
             		[TR]
             			[TD][B]-nolog[/B][/TD]
             		[/TR]
             	 [/TABLE]
            Last edited by skeevy420; 28 August 2019, 09:49 AM. Reason: changed "from" to "form"

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Agreed! I doubt the average Unity prosumer even knows what Vulkan is.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

Agreed! I doubt the average Unity prosumer even knows what Vulkan is.
                Green blooded assholes at best.

Comment

Working...
                X