Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Qt Company Is Now Working On Qt For Microcontrollers

Phoronix: The Qt Company Is Now Working On Qt For Microcontrollers

There have been a lot of announcements pertaining to Qt as of late, most of which have been about forthcoming efforts around Qt 6 development. A new announcement out of The Qt Company catching us off-guard is their plans for the tool-kit on micro-controllers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It may be worth to note that: "It is a commercial Qt license, T&C https://www.qt.io/terms-conditions/"

Comment

I wish GTK folks could do some similar

Comment

Originally posted by q2dg View Post
        What would they do? A GUI for a micro controller?

The GTK guys have focused on GUI systems rather than doing a little bit of everything. They are very different projects.
        Last edited by kpedersen; 22 August 2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zajec View Post
          It may be worth to note that: "It is a commercial Qt license, T&C https://www.qt.io/terms-conditions/"
          You say that like $5500/yr is a bad thing

Comment

Originally posted by q2dg View Post
            I wish GTK would just rewrite from scratch in rust... but then they'd be forced to abandon 20 years worth of kludges.

It'd be even more hilarious, if the actually did it... and then the entirely of the code was written with unsafe on, cause that is kinda how they roll...

Comment

At first I was like "Hell no, what the f*ck!?"

But after seeing the video and reading the blog, it is kinda cool actually

Comment

It's proprietary software, so I'm not interested in this for obvious reasons. if Qt wants do do something like this, I'm perfectly fine with it, but I fail to see why it's even posted here.

Comment

It would be nice if Qt get hi-res interfaces right - they are not scaling properly now. The priorities on more markets kills confidence they care about the installed base.

Comment

Originally posted by vldid View Post
                    It would be nice if Qt get hi-res interfaces right - they are not scaling properly now. The priorities on more markets kills confidence they care about the installed base.
                    No no, every time we talk about HiDPI, KDE is the bad guy, not the underlying Qt framework. [/s]

Comment

Working...
                    X