Softpipe Improvements Land In Mesa 19.1 Allowing For More OpenGL 4.x Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softpipe Improvements Land In Mesa 19.1 Allowing For More OpenGL 4.x Bits

Phoronix: Softpipe Improvements Land In Mesa 19.1 Allowing For More OpenGL 4.x Bits

Softpipe, the Gallium-based software rasterizer fallback for Mesa (not to be confused with the faster LLVMpipe), has seen some OpenGL 4.x support additions land for the upcoming Mesa 19.1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

By the way, what about Gert's R600-NIR work? There were no new committs since the end of February. Is it put on hold or still actively developed?

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
      By the way, what about Gert's R600-NIR work? There were no new committs since the end of February. Is it put on hold or still actively developed?
      It's a bit on and off, but there was a borked rebase so I continued in a new branch. Now I pushed everything to the default r600-nir branch. Last month I added geometry shaders and mostly cleaned up the CTS failures for deqp-gles2 and deqp-gles3 (i.e. most things that pass on TGSI also pass on NIR). This month there will not be much movement, I'll probably just do some code cleanups because hardware and me will not be in the same location

Comment

Michael
        Even though there have been more various GL4 era extensions added, still, Softpipe doesn't have enough to officially claim even OpenGL 4.0 conformance; at least GLSL 400 is now exposed over 330.
        Noticed some grammatical errors. Two "buts" in a single sentence stands out.

Digital desktop design and layout is the one degree I have in life...so of course I'm a welder

Comment

Originally posted by gerddie View Post

It's a bit on and off, but there was a borked rebase so I continued in a new branch. Now I pushed everything to the default r600-nir branch. Last month I added geometry shaders and mostly cleaned up the CTS failures for deqp-gles2 and deqp-gles3 (i.e. most things that pass on TGSI also pass on NIR). This month there will not be much movement, I'll probably just do some code cleanups because hardware and me will not be in the same location
          Thanks for the update and your work.

Comment

Working...
          X