Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.2 Is Introducing The Fieldbus Subsystem

Phoronix: Linux 5.2 Is Introducing The Fieldbus Subsystem

A new subsystem queued for introduction in the upcoming Linux 5.2 cycle is the Fieldbus Subsystem, which is initially being added to the staging area of the kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ethernet/IP and Modbus/TCP pretty much have the market for new gear. Does anyone without a large installed base have any interest in Profibus?

Comment

Originally posted by brrrrttttt View Post
      Ethernet/IP and Modbus/TCP pretty much have the market for new gear. Does anyone without a large installed base have any interest in Profibus?
      Actually I thought Profibus was dead. These industrial buses can be problematic because they don’t last long enough for the expected life span of the machinery they are built into. I’m hoping that this subsystem has more generic support for other widely used networks.
      Last edited by wizard69; 21 April 2019, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
        Actually I thought Profibus was dead
        That is probably one of the reasons the article spoke about PROFInet and not Profibus.

Comment

Working...
        X