Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Applications 19.04 Released With Many Dolphin Improvements, Better KMail & Konsole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Applications 19.04 Released With Many Dolphin Improvements, Better KMail & Konsole

Phoronix: KDE Applications 19.04 Released With Many Dolphin Improvements, Better KMail & Konsole

KDE Applications 19.04 is now officially out as the first update of 2019 for this collection of prominent KDE desktop programs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

HiDPI support for Gwenview,
    Last edited by tildearrow; 18 April 2019, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Konsole finally got a proper splitting, but one in Debian is very old (not sure why it wasn't updated in such a long time even before the freeze): https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/konsole

Comment

Looking forward to testing out kmail and akonadi fixes. I've finally been able to successfully use kmail as my mail client recently, but every now and then I have to restart akonadi.

I really hope they don't decide to put the software through another large rewrite any time soon...

Comment

I hope they would stop opening new files in Kate with tabs as the fist tab (n the left), instead of the normal last tab (on the right) as in browsers.

Comment

That Kdenlive is finally declaring the refactored version ready to be the default shipped release is pretty big. I think they started that refactoring project over four years ago but was completely shelved for like a years time when development went dark while JBM was dealing with some circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
              Looking forward to testing out kmail and akonadi fixes. I've finally been able to successfully use kmail as my mail client recently, but every now and then I have to restart akonadi.

I really hope they don't decide to put the software through another large rewrite any time soon...
              Kube will replace it some day: https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/07/...es-new-release

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                Huh, first I've heard of it! Have you used it? Looks very promising.

Comment

Kube will replace it some day
                  Kube is not a replacement for KDE PIM; KDE PIM may in the future adapt to libraries currently in development for Kube.

Comment

Thanks for reminding me, totally forgot about Kube. Kmail flickers on Wayland and overall I didn't have a good experience with its slowness with my imap mailbox, just now Akonadi refused to start after some test with the beta/rc of KDE Applications 19.04. Time to try something new.

Comment

Working...
                    X