Unigine Superposition 1.1 Adds Linux SteamVR Support, Up To 16K Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Superposition 1.1 Adds Linux SteamVR Support, Up To 16K Rendering

Phoronix: Unigine Superposition 1.1 Adds Linux SteamVR Support, Up To 16K Rendering

It's already been two years since Unigine Corp introduced their very fascinating Superposition graphics benchmark. Today they have rolled out Unigine Superposition 1.1 as the next installment of this demanding GPU benchmark to showcase the Unigine 2 engine's abilities...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice the updated benchmark works under Kde-Neon without any hacks.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

I just wonder what they want to do with this engine. Unigine 1 had 1 game, made by the same corporation, which wasn't successful. Unigine 2 has none. How do they even have money to develop this?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        I just wonder what they want to do with this engine. Unigine 1 had 1 game, made by the same corporation, which wasn't successful. Unigine 2 has none. How do they even have money to develop this?
        The wiki page lists a few more and notes that it's used in military projects. Just because it's not super popular doesn't mean it's not profitable

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          I think it's used in visualization/simulators, rather than games.

Comment

I have downloaded the Unigine_Superposition-1.1.run file, however Phoronix test suite is not working to run it. Where do I put that file to get the test suite to run it?

System is
            Ryzen 5 2600X
            Radeon R9 290X
            MX Linux 18.3 (Debian Stretch based)
            Kernel 5.3.5 via latest XanMod kernel
            Mesa 18.2.6
            Latest AMD firmware

Code:
            $ phoronix-test-suite benchmark unigine-super   Phoronix Test Suite v9.0.1      To Install:    pts/unigine-super-1.0.5      Determining File Requirements ..............................................................     Searching Download Caches ..................................................................      1 Test To Install         1 File To Download [1566MB]         2600MB Of Disk Space Is Needed      pts/unigine-super-1.0.5:         Test Installation 1 of 1         1 File Needed [1566 MB / 15 Minutes]         Copying From Cache: Unigine_Superposition-1.0.run                               [1566MB]             The check-sum of the copied file failed.         Copying From Cache: Unigine_Superposition-1.0.run                               [1566MB]             The check-sum of the copied file failed.         Downloading: Unigine_Superposition-1.0.run                                                             [1566MB]             Download Failed: http://sp-assets.unigine.com/d/Unigine_Superposition-1.0.run             Downloading of needed test files failed.      [PROBLEM] pts/unigine-super-1.0.5 is not installed.
            Last edited by SkOrPn; 11 October 2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

It'd been better if they added Vulkan

Comment

Working...
              X