No announcement yet.

Sailfish OS 3.0.2 "Oulanka" Brings Improved Power Management, Dozens Of Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailfish OS 3.0.2 "Oulanka" Brings Improved Power Management, Dozens Of Fixes

Phoronix: Sailfish OS 3.0.2 "Oulanka" Brings Improved Power Management, Dozens Of Fixes

Jolla has announced the release today of Sailfish OS "Oulanka" as their version 3.0.2 update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm still waiting SailfishOS X for XZ1 (Compact). While Android has been getting much better I still miss the gesture based GUI of SailfishOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zucca View Post
      I'm still waiting SailfishOS X for XZ1 (Compact). While Android has been getting much better I still miss the gesture based GUI of SailfishOS.
      I have the same phone, which I bought only because I hoped for Sailfish OS port. But it didn't come and never will, because they did for previous (Xperia X) and succeding model (Xperia XA2). After a year of Android I came back to Sailfish on my 5 years old Jolla 1, because it simply is a better experience for me.
      I have plans to try and port Sailfish to that Xperia during next holidays. It doesn't seem that hard, but every community port has some flaws.

And Sailfish 3.0.2 still works great on Jolla 1, first ever Sailfish OS phone

Comment

Soon i will buy a Sony Xperia XA2 Plus, since I want to continue using SailfishOS

Comment

It looks terrible!
          It looks awful!

Comment

"[...] the Sailfish X Beta is now available for the Sony Xperia XA2"
            No, it is still in Beta for the XA2.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              It looks terrible!
              It looks awful!

I agree, but at least it is better than this:

(to clarify: I know this is a desktop UI but the design and it's old but the fact that it's still being used in some cases makes it suck more)
              Last edited by tildearrow; 25 March 2019, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I agree, but at least it is better than this:

Bad comparison.
                One is a desktop environment, the other is a mobile environment.
                One is from 1987, the other one is from 2019.

Compared to contemporary mobile environments such as Android and iOS it is awful.

Comment

It looks terrible!
                  It looks awful!
                  Hope you like more in this video:

Jolla Ltd., the Finnish mobile company and developer of open mobile operating system Sailfish OS today announced Sailfish 3, the third generation of its inde...

Comment

It looks terrible!
                    It looks awful!

I get why you might not like it, but are you aware it is a theme in a light mode? They added that recently, the default are still dark themes, and they do look fabulous, like in that video malkavian posted above.

Comment

Working...
                    X