Interested In FreeSync With The RADV Vulkan Driver? Testing Help Is Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested In FreeSync With The RADV Vulkan Driver? Testing Help Is Needed

Phoronix: Interested In FreeSync With The RADV Vulkan Driver? Testing Help Is Needed

Since the long-awaited introduction of FreeSync support with the Linux 5.0 kernel, one of the missing elements has been this variable rate refresh support within the RADV Vulkan driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interested in FreeSync with GNOME Wayland and RADV and XWayland and Wayland native apps.

Comment

Originally posted by ZFKerr View Post
      Interested in FreeSync with GNOME Wayland and RADV and XWayland and Wayland native apps.
      I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but given the implementation speed of a proper hardware cursor on Gnome Wayland, you won't witness FreeSync support of it any time soon (or later).

Btw. zero reference to the topic the news is about.

Comment

Originally posted by ZFKerr View Post
        With Gnome, you have a history of 20 years worth of developers that stuck to work with... just ditch it.

Comment

According to vanvugt, who implemented variable refresh rate support for Wayland in GS, it shouldn't be a big deal (and might already just work): https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutte...71#note_377369

Comment

Tried every vulkan game I've got with the patch, it's not activating unfortunately.

Comment

Could we all get together on gofundme.com and pay Bas a FreeSync monitor of his choice?

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post
                Could we all get together on gofundme.com and pay Bas a FreeSync monitor of his choice?
                pretty confident this would work if its posted in relevant places

Comment

No time to build my self. If someone has time for an Opensuse Tumbleweed community repository registered here:

Then i will test for you.

Comment

I can do a build for Fedora 28/29 if some one interested in testing.
                    Later this week, when I finally receive my new laptop with FreeSync (Asus FX705DY) - will test myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X