No announcement yet.

A Number Of Additional Graphics Drawing Tablets To Be Supported By Linux 5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Number Of Additional Graphics Drawing Tablets To Be Supported By Linux 5.1

Phoronix: A Number Of Additional Graphics Drawing Tablets To Be Supported By Linux 5.1

For those interested in using graphics drawing tablets on Linux, a number of devices will now be supported with the upcoming Linux 5.1 kernel cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If want to continue seeing support for non-wacom tablets, consider supporting this guy.

Comment

Also send feedback to manufacturers when you buy their devices to use on Linux because they have sponsored Digimend's driver development before. The manufacturers have no real way to see usage statistics on Linux because the drivers are all in kernel and the programs users have aren't tracking them.

Comment

just picked up a Surface Pro 6, there are patches for the multi/touch interface. Getting the Keyboard to work in xorg isn't hard or the mousepad, sound is simple, would like to see some official support mainline for the surface multi touch and the cameras. Perhaps I am ignorant, but I think you still need to manually patch for this right now.

Comment

I have a HP Tilt pen, which I would like at least to work in presentation mode on linux. It works on windows and macos.. I guess I would have to wait more.

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post
            I have a HP Tilt pen, which I would like at least to work in presentation mode on linux. It works on windows and macos.. I guess I would have to wait more.
            I also have a HP Tilt Pen included by the Envy x360. You can write both .tablet and .stylus files to put them inside /usr/share/libwacom. Follow the instruction on https://github.com/linuxwacom/libwacom/tree/master/data

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
              Also send feedback to manufacturers when you buy their devices to use on Linux because they have sponsored Digimend's driver development before. The manufacturers have no real way to see usage statistics on Linux because the drivers are all in kernel and the programs users have aren't tracking them.
              That would be great, however I would like to know why the DIGImend drivers still have not been mainlined.

Comment

What about the Dell Canvas 27? https://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2018/...vas-and-totem/
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by moriel5 View Post

That would be great, however I would like to know why the DIGImend drivers still have not been mainlined.
                  It was not mentionned in the article, but that is exactly what is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post

I also have a HP Tilt Pen included by the Envy x360. You can write both .tablet and .stylus files to put them inside /usr/share/libwacom. Follow the instruction on https://github.com/linuxwacom/libwacom/tree/master/data
                    Hi,

Thank you much!
                    I might have the same HP Tilt Pen. I have it from HP Envy x360 15-cp0xxx. But I suppose that the pen at least it's the same hardware, no matter the Envy model. I can see in the repo you've posted also 'elan-264c.tablet' Which matches the model I have.
                    I don't mind manually installing those from the repo, but is there a saner way so that they would automatically detected and picked up by the wacom framework ?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X