No announcement yet.

GNOME 3.32 Beta Released With Performance Improvements, Last Minute Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.32 Beta Released With Performance Improvements, Last Minute Features

Phoronix: GNOME 3.32 Beta Released With Performance Improvements, Last Minute Features

GNOME 3.31.90 has been released as what is effectively the GNOME 3.32 beta and also marks the feature/UI/API freezes for this next half-year update to the GNOME desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it possible to install Gnome beta on Ubuntu 19?

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      GLib-Networking has added an OpenSSL back-end to obsolete t he former glib-openssl code.

Comment

*Sigh* Another typo: from today whlle GNOME 3.32.0 will premiere on 13 March.

Comment

I wish Fedora scrapped the horrible gnome3 and went with something more usable, like cinnamon. I remember a statistic about Fedora and gnome3, with installations falling like a rock after gnome3 became the default wm. Now redhat wants to count and monitor Fedora users... one bad choice after another...

Comment

Originally posted by bash2bash View Post
            I wish Fedora scrapped the horrible gnome3 and went with something more usable, like cinnamon. I remember a statistic about Fedora and gnome3, with installations falling like a rock after gnome3 became the default wm. Now redhat wants to count and monitor Fedora users... one bad choice after another...
            What is the connection between you wanting to use Cinnamon and wanting Fedora to stop with gnome3? You can have cinnamon, and gnome users can have gnome 3. I use kde at the moment but I quite like gnome3 and cinnamon is good. In virtual machines I use xfce, and also in my aws linux desktop I use xfce (although I have a paid licence to nomachine workstation on that machine, and it handles gnome quite well). This is linux! Blessings to all, and each to their own. I know people can say "but the fragmentation divides resources", but the motivation to pursue the different goals of each of those projects is why they attract developers, and I think all the desktops are proof that the motivation factor outweighs the reinvent the wheel factor.

Comment

Originally posted by braulio_holtz View Post
              Is it possible to install Gnome beta on Ubuntu 19?
              You could compile it yourself, but Ubuntu itself no longer has any up-to-date PPAs for Gnome-betas.

​​​​​
              I wish Fedora scrapped the horrible gnome3 and went with something more usable, like cinnamon. I remember a statistic about Fedora and gnome3,with installations falling like a rock after gnome3 became the default wm. Now redhat wants to count and monitor Fedora users... one bad choice after another...
              Always the one.

Comment

Here you go: https://spins.fedoraproject.org/en/cinnamon/
                Would be nice to have numbers how many people choose that option...wait, we'll probably get them soon, in a sane, anonymous manner
                Last edited by treba; 07 February 2019, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Looks to be a very promising release.

I like GNOME. But what I don't like about GNOME Dash is the folding animation instead of a sliding animation.

Comment

Bit of a shame that #363 has not been merged yet. Compiled my own mutter with this patch and it really helps mouse cursor performance on Wayland.

Comment

Working...
                    X